A four-month process to spur community acquisition and deployment of federal and state broadband funds
Broadband plays an essential role in the growth of rural Minnesota people and communities.
To stand alongside Minnesota’s least-served counties and reservations, this four-month intensive is designed to increase rural leaders’ ability to stimulate broadband infrastructure investments in their communities that support economic development and community vitality.
Community Broadband Resources (CBR): Accelerate! teams worked together to determine the best path forward to better broadband services in their area through:
- Facilitated weekly meetings
- Leadership education via archived webinars, expert presentations, and peer group discussions
- Information gathering including community surveys, broadband provider interviews, and community meetings
- Step by step broadband planning to:
- develop a broadband vision
- understand the local marketplace
- determine appropriate technologies
- consider alternative broadband provider partnerships models and prospective broadband provider partners
- identify and seek available funding resources
CBR: Accelerate! Communities
A first cohort of communities completed the program in May of 2021. They are Aitkin County, Kanabec County, Mille Lacs Tribal Economy, and Pine County.
A second cohort completed the program in February 2022. They are Benton County, Cloquet Area, Redwood County, and Todd County.
For more community planning resources, visit our Community Broadband Resources Program page:
Community Broadband Resources Program
Technical assistance and general support as your community explores its next steps in high-speed internet services.