|2021||#32 of 87||85.89%|
|2020||#27 of 87||84.51%|
|2019||#25 of 87||83.88%|
|2018||#71 of 87||34.18%|
|2017||#11 of 87||94.59%|
Rank: 32 (out of 87) for access to 100/20 megabits per second (Mbps)
Freeborn County’s broadband has been stagnant since 2019. But activity is starting again. MidCo is extending fiber to parts of Dodge County.
Freeborn County will benefit from a MN State Grant awarded in 2021:
- Winnebago Cooperative Telecom Association – SE Faribault/W Freeborn County FTTP – GRANT $953,842 This last-mile fiber optic project will bring service to 319 unserved locations, including 289 homes, 16 businesses, 11 farms, and three community anchor institutions in the townships of Clark, Foster, Kiester, Seely, Alden, Carlston, Manchester, Mansfield, and Pickerel Lake located in Southeastern Faribault and Western Freeborn counties.
Projected allocation of American Recovery Project ARP funds in Freeborn is $5,872,813; broadband is one possible use.
The influx of money and engaged providers has bumped Freeborn County up to code yellow.
- 2017 – BEVCOMM (Cannon Valley Telephone) – Freeborn Southwest Rural Final – GRANT $122,460
- 2016 – CANNON VALLEY TELECOM, INC. (DBA BEVCOMM) RURAL FREEBORN – GRANT: $150,700
- 2015 – BEVCOMM Cannon Valley Telecom – Rural Freeborn Fiber-to-the-Premises Project – Grant award: $149,625
- Freeborn is also getting almost $2 million in FCC funding but that is over the next 10 years.
Find more articles on broadband in Freeborn County. (http://tinyurl.com/hw7ptnz)
Number of Providers
As of 2019 · Source: MN DEED
Households with Device Access
Has Worked with Blandin Foundation
Has Received MN Grant(s)
U.S. Congress: CD 1
MN Senate: 27
MN House: 27A, 27B