|2021||#47 of 87||76.09%|
|2020||#47 of 87||75.15%|
|2019||#36 of 87||79.44%|
|2018||#47 of 87||55.99%|
|2017||#34 of 87||60.33%|
Rank: 32 (out of 87) for access to 100/20 megabits per second (Mbps)
Red Wing (in Goodhue County) is known for its impressive FTTH and broadband promotion and use. BUT outside of Red Wing, the county is lagging and has been for a while.
They did get some state grants in 2021. Goodhue County will benefit from a few MN State Grants awarded in 2021:
- Nuvera Communications, Inc. – Goodhue Welch FTTP – GRANT $340,790 This last mile project south of Welch will serve 100 unserved and 15 underserved locations in Goodhue County.
- Nuvera Communications, Inc. – Goodhue West FTTP – GRANT $532,232 – This last mile project will serve 148 unserved and two underserved locations in Goodhue, Zumbrota, Minneola, and Belle Creek townships in Goodhue County and Chester Township in Wabasha County.
They are in line for possible funding in the future. Projected allocation of American Recovery Project ARP funds in Goodhue is $8,987,358; broadband is one possible use.
They have been lagging too long, especially given the tech focus in part of the county; that is why they are now code red. But some of the 2021 grants have been completed and federal funding is possible. Their progress may seem much better after the next round of mapping.
- 2017 – Midco (Midcontinent Communications) – Wanamingo – GRANT $768,600
- 2017 – New Ulm Telecom, Inc. – White Rock Rural East FTTP – GRANT $411,704
- 2016 – NEW ULM TELECOM, INC. GOODHUE-BELLECHESTER – GRANT: $ 332,328
- 2015 – New Ulm Telecom Goodhue Fiber Project – Grant award: $115,934
- BEVCOMM (Pine Island Telephone Company) – NE Pine Island Fiber Project Phase I – GRANT $222,222
Find more articles on broadband in Goodhue County. (http://tinyurl.com/z3jwte4)
Number of Providers
As of 2019 · Source: MN DEED
Households with Device Access
Has Worked with Blandin Foundation
See Blandin Foundation’s matrix of community broadband adoption projects:
Has Received MN Grant(s)
U.S. Congress: CD 2
MN Senate: 21, 58
MN House: 21A, 21B, 58B