|2021||#37 of 87||82.31%|
|2020||#37 of 87||79.92%|
|2019||#30 of 87||81.89%|
|2018||#29 of 87||72.77%|
|2017||#86 of 87||0%|
Rank: 38 (out of 87) for access to 100/20 megabits per second (Mbps)
In 2017, Lyon County went from zero to more than 70 percent broadband coverage at speeds of 100/20 Mbps. A feasibility study in 2018 indicated that it was too expensive to build Fiber to the Home (FTTH) even with the help of a Border to Border grant.
But they have seen an incremental increase in the last year and a recent state broadband grant sets them up for more.
Lyon County will benefit from a MN State Grant awarded in 2021:
- Woodstock Telephone Company – Lynd FTTP – GRANT $325,548 (Lyon County) – This middle and last mile project will serve 203 underserved households, three underserved businesses and three underserved anchor institutions in the City of Lynd in Lyon County.
Projected allocation of American Recovery Project ARP funds in Lyon is $4,940,525; broadband is one possible use. Allocating some of those funds would help; there’s no indication one way or another for that happening therefore they remain a code red community.
- 2017 – MVTC (Minnesota Valley Telephone Company, Inc.) – Milroy Broadband Project – GRANT $742,365
- 2017 – Woodstock Telephone Company – Balaton FTTP – GRANT $413,009
- 2016 – MIDCO CANBY TO MARSHALL MIDDLE MILE AND LAST MILE – GRANT AMOUNT: $623,000
- 2015 – MVTV Wireless Middle Mile – Grant award: $808,080
Find more articles on broadband in Lyon County (http://tinyurl.com/hzlzzvs)
Number of Providers
As of 2019 · Source: MN DEED
Households with Device Access
Has Worked with Blandin Foundation
Has Received MN Grant(s)
U.S. Congress: CD 7
MN Senate: 16, 22
MN House: 16A, 22A