|2021||#29 of 87||86.65%|
|2020||#28 of 87||84.14%|
|2019||#27 of 87||83.06%|
|2018||#23 of 87||79.44%|
|2017||#21 of 87||76.35%|
Rank: 29 (out of 87) for access to 100/20 megabits per second (Mbps)
Itasca County has seen very small incremental increases in broadband over the last few years. But they showed a boldness in last 2020, when they decided to invest $293,000 in CARES funding in broadband with Paul Bunyan.
Projected allocation of American Recovery Project ARP funds in Itasca is $8,752,686; broadband is one possible use.
If they are able to go bold with ARP funding for broadband they may go a long way toward ubiquitous broadband, but for now, they stay at code yellow.
- 2017 – Paul Bunyan Communications – North Central Fiber – GRANT $802,620
- 2016 MEDIACOM HARRIS TOWNSHIP – GRANT: $224,369
- 2016 – PAUL BUNYAN COMMUNICATIONS HUBBARD, BECKER & ITASCA COUNTIES – GRANT: $1,742,232
- 2015 – Paul Bunyan Central Itasca County Fiber – Grant Award: $1,980,000
- Paul Bunyan Communications – North Central Minnesota Fiber Project– GRANT $2,562,916
Find more articles on broadband in Itasca County. (http://tinyurl.com/grujo6t)
Number of Providers
As of 2019 · Source: MN DEED
Households with Device Access
Has Worked with Blandin Foundation
Has Received MN Grant(s)
U.S. Congress: CD 8
MN Senate: 05, 06
MN House: 05A, 05B, 06A