February 4 - 5, 2014
Location: St. Paul RiverCentre
More than 25 organizations co-hosted a “so what? now what?” conversation about Minnesotans’ shared aspirations for border to border broadband.
Key agenda items included:
- Exclusive research documenting the economic and quality of life impacts that can be anticipated from increased investment in broadband infrastructure and utilization in Minnesota
- First-hand accounts from, and legislators’ reactions to, a recent legislative listening tour about rural Minnesota communication technology needs
- Participant-led conversation on actions Minnesotans can take to accelerate the achievement of Minnesota’s broadband goals and beyond
- Cutting edge “promising practices” in: digital inclusion; business and economic development; broadband infrastructure development; and applications
- Exploration of new “Cool Tools,” with Minnesota youth as “digital guides”
Presentations, video and other resources are posted below. Additional video is available at the Blandin on Broadband YouTube channel.
Follow the conversation on the conference Facebook page or Twitter #mnbroadband
Keynote addresses by Danna MacKenzie, head of the Minnesota Office of Broadband, and Michael Curri of Strategic Network Groups available at The UpTake.