Leadership in Ethnically Diverse Communities
Training that develops the leadership capacity of everyone in ethnically diverse rural Minnesota communities to build intentional inclusion.
Leadership in Ethnically Diverse Communities (LEDC) is a program to increase the capacity of rural leaders to develop and sustain healthy inclusive communities and reduce systemic racial and cultural barriers.
All of the sessions will help community members sharpen their skills around the core beliefs of the program, which are:
- Racial and cultural barriers detract from a healthy community.
- If we want to change the culture that creates racial and cultural barriers, we need to build leadership skills and relationships across all dimensions of the community.
- All persons are valuable assets in the community that must be invited to the table.
- Everyone who participates in LEDC has the capacity to impact issues surrounding racism in their community.
- There is no silver bullet – this work requires long-term and sustained effort.